Wimborne Women in Business
Wimborne Women in Business was set up in September 2010. Currently managed by Linda Tazzyman and Lin Hudswell, it is a very informal group with the principle of getting to know other women in the local business community and to know more of what is going on in the area. The feedback from the ladies is fantastic, a number of business collaborations have already started with more in the pipeline. We have 120 ladies on the email register and our meetings are usually attended by 20-30.
We have restaurant and ladies gym owners, accountants, website designers, personal trainers, solicitors, financial advisors, nutritionists, a pharmacist, an upholsterer, dancing schools, a joinery owner and many ladies who work from home in their various fields of clothing, skin products and beauty.
Wimborne Women in Business offers:
- Facilitated meetings in an informal environment.
- At every meeting there is a round the table introduction by all present.
- An exchange of business literature is encouraged.
- Two people from the group can speak at each meeting (by rota).
- Informative or inspirational guest speakers will be invited according to the requirements of the group.
- Pre-meeting newsletter advising of dates and speakers.
- A web site where member’s businesses are listed and promoted with photographs and links to Social Media sites.
- Forum for raising questions regarding business topics.
- Annual Showcase event in the town with accordant publicity